Policies on Local CUUPS Chapters *To be recognized as a CUUPS chapter, a group must be in sympathy with the CUUPS Mission and
Vision and the UUA Principles and Purposes.
- Authorization from the minister and/or board of the host congregation(s) to form a CUUPS chapter and operate as part of the congregation(s).
- A prospective CUUPS chapter must include at least 3 individuals who are active voting members of CUUPS Continental and members of a UUA member congregation(s) or the Church of the Larger Fellowship.
- All new and existing chapters shall provide a contact person for publication, who shall at all times be both an active member of CUUPS and a member of a UU congregation(s) or CLF.
- All officers of a chapter must be both an active member of CUUPS and a member of a UU congregation(s) or CLF.
- All chapters shall submit an annual registration form and chapter fee of $30. The chapter fee is waived for chapters whose members include five or more current, dues-paying CUUPS, Inc. members.
- A Statement of Mission and/or Purpose is required to become a chapter. (Bylaws or other organizational documents should be sent in at the first renewal.)
- A covenant between the chapter and the hosting congregation(s) is required.
* as amended through February 21, 2017
How to Apply to be a CUUPS Chapter?
Here you will find a downloadable PDF application to fill out and go to your congregations governing body for approvals. Once this process is complete, send it to the organization and our Board of Trustees will review it.
CUUPS Chaper Application - Updated 8.18.18
Resources for Chapters
Visit our Chapter Resource Page for tools and information to build lasting chapters, working with congregations and the larger community you live in.